Nutritionally Balanced Meals
A nutritionally balanced meal should provide you with the best fuel to allow your body to work to its best potential, fight off disease, infections and generally make you feel better.
Your well meal should include the following groups
- Carbohydrates from whole foods for energy and to keep you full until your next meal
- Protein for muscle growth, cell repair and to boost metabolism and reduce hunger to aid weight loss
- Healthy Fats are essential for good heart health and absorbing fat soluble vitamins such as A,D and E
- Fibre maintains a healthy gut and reduces cholesterol levels
- Micronutrients are vitamins and minerals which the body can only obtain from the food we eat and are essential for many important functions in the body
A ‘Well Meal” essentially takes all the above into consideration when formulating a recipe.
We use cold pressed rapeseed oil as it is safe to heat for cooking and it contains healthy Omega 3 fatty acid and good levels of antioxidant vitamin E.
Freshly ground spices and herbs add flavour and health benefits such as improved digestion.
Himalayan pink salt adds more essential minerals and we avoid any unnecessary additives which add empty calories to your meal.
All meals include some vegetables for fibre, minerals and vitamins and each meal, be it a meat dish or vegan dish, is tailored to provide you with a good amount of Protein and very low saturated fats. The meals are cooked in small batches by our trained chefs and blast frozen to retain all the healthy nutrients and flavour in your meal. There is no deterioration in quality from the time it is cooked to the time you heat it up to eat and enjoy.